Hello, it's been too long. I've been engaging with the life in front of me. And I have ten good things to list. At least ten.
1. The little girl dancing and dancing and dancing to live, lively, exciting music, with the occasional little hop. "Oh! That's some good dancing!" she says.
2. Sitting in the sunshine for an hour, talking to one of my original mentors and teachers.
3. The little girl petting the cat every so gracefully, head to tail. And the cat does not object.
4. Dinner inspirations: Mahi mahi braised with roasted potatoes, red peppers and mushrooms, with plenty of garlic, curry paste, basil, thyme, marjoram, turmeric, chili powder and paprika.
5. My dear husband taking child bedtime duty yet again.
6. Peonies getting ready to burst into profuse blooms.
7. Unearthing my wildly overgrown half acre and creating new outdoors spaces.
8. Dancing with friends, immersed in irrepressible music and happy faces.
9. Personal stories of birth and death and amazing grace and heartbreaking tragedy, pulling us all into what it means to be human.
10. Community smiles and delight in the latest small person to practice being a part of the community.
Bonus: The little girl learning to interact with other people: playing ball with neighboring boys, handing a balsa wood airplane to a friend again and again for one more glide, and daring to chat with big people.