Monday, May 21, 2012

ten good things - almost Summer edition

1. An up-close view of a cardinal sitting on her nest.  Just over our heads. We could see her red  beak sticking out one side, and her reddish tail stick out the other. 

2. Coffee houses where one can buy a single drink, and study and concentrate for hours at a time.  I had less than 8 weeks to prepare for the GRE, so we shall see how I do.  But the study spaces are so niiiice.

3. Cute bunny rabbits, even though they eat my greens and dig holes in my yard, dammit. So THAT's who's living in the backyard condos.

4. The little girl running mellpell across the backyard. This must be what expanses of lawn were meant for.

5. The little girl cutting and pressing play dough shapes completely independently.  Today, she was cutting skinny triangles out of orange to make... carrots!

6. Cute thank you cards from my Sunday School kids at the end of the school year.

7. Organic whole wheat bread, freshly baked at home several times a week. It's fresh, it's tasty, and it saves us money. My husband The Daddy rocks, yes. 

8. A long-lost professor coming through to provide a recommendation by deadline - woo! I have a chance of getting into my program of choice for this Fall after all!

9. Fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, fresh melon, with mint from the garden.  With a sprinkle of sugar, or a squirt of whipped cream, or over sweet biscuit, or just plain naked.

10. The sound of wind through the trees on a sunny morning. Peace and harmony.
--

1 comment:

Flying Saucer Jones said...

Very nice list.

Good luck on the GRE. I'm sure you'll do very well. Then -- lucky you -- you can do studenty things again.

As for strawberries: oh, yes naked, of course...errr...I don't think that's what you meant... errr...nevermindisthatthetimegottogoseeya