Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook 092508

The Simple Woman's Daybook, a daily journal, aka a feature of The Simple Woman blog.

I ran across this very excellent idea from the blogger, High Desert Home, last month, and have been wanting to try it out for a while. Happy Thursday!



For Today...Thursday, September 25th, 2008

Outside my Window...cloudy skies and stirring, strong breezes.

Towards a daily rhythm...doing some light yoga to keep myself limber and strong and just plain *awake*!

I am thinking...about lesson plan ideas for my students.

I am thankful for...a warm house and sleeping cats and chatty emails from friends.

From the kitchen...orange juice and melted cheese on multi-grain bread sounds good to me.

I am wearing...comfy grey maternity leggings and a dark, three-quarters length maternity top with a blue and lavender pinstripe. Chicer than some of my non-maternity wear!

I am reading...Brazelton's Touchpoints - Milestones in Your Child's Emotional and Behavioral Development and finishing When the Tide Rises, sci-fi from David Drake.

I am creating...yet more squares for a colorful bed quilt, and a lesson plan for next week.

I am hoping...that I can go for my Masters in a few years. And that the tent is not hopelessly ruined by being stored damp (after the last rainy dance weekend).

I am hearing...the far-off sounds of interstate traffic and the closer sounds of a tree rubbing against the gutter, little grey birds scolding each other, and my wind chimes dancing in the breeze.

I am going to breathe deeply...and appreciate the life growing inside me. Hi, baby!

Around the house...the kitchen is a mess.

Bring beauty to my home...by sweeping the wood floors. Ahhh.

One of my favorite things...creating something with my hands, shaping a lesson plan.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...I need to air out the tent and pack for a dance weekend, most likely in the rain! I need to write up a list of questions to ask the OB at my next appointment. I need to call around to local handymen for help with the new kitchen.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
4-SquaresCU_6189

---

No comments: