Sunday, December 14, 2008

SWDB 121408 - Finding Relaxation Amidst the Busyness

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...December 14th, 2008

Outside my Window...a winter garden, drywall dust, a flat of pansies, and the first winter Camellias blooming.

Towards a daily rhythm...keeping up with dishes as I cook and bake and cook and bake...

I am thinking...that's worth dropping some things from the schedule so that I can enjoy the remaining items. I still managed to do two of my three today, and added a quick batch of backing, so I feel good. Relaxed is good. It's also good to hang loose when other crazy things are going on around me.

I am thankful for...being generally healthy and not (thus far) catching any of the cold and illnesses going around. I've been very blessed this way!! I'm also thankful I got to see one of my traveling friends today. She's not scheduled to be back in the area before May, so this was really nice.

From the kitchen...the first batch of pizelles of the season, and a big pot of lentil and vegetable stew.

I am wearing...a purple-blue turtleneck and brown yoga pants and festive blue-purple and white earrings.

I am reading...Wind Readers, which I started earlier but hadn't finished.

I am creating...more space/order and more clutter/chaos, simultaneously! It gets worse before it gets better.

I am hoping...to enjoy good soup and fellowship tonight.

I am hearing...Ella Fitzgerald singing A Swinging Christmas and Mr. Sweetie drilling into drywall.

I am going to breathe deeply...and ignore the pounding/sawing/drilling I hear from the other room. Not my project to worry about.

Around the house...the tree is up but not the lights.

Bring beauty to my home...colored lights and antique glass bulbs. Flower bulbs for the garden.

One of my favorite things...Christmas choral music. I was listening to the Vienna Boys Choir earlier and basking in the melodies and harmonies.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...dig in the garden (find the iris and move them!), make more cookies, address more cards, shop for presents, draw a diagram for the general (future) garden layout, and return library books.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Pizzelle Shadows
---

1 comment:

Tracy said...

those pizelles look very yummy. I love this format, a great way to write and give a glimpse of your day.