Monday, October 27, 2008

SWDB 102708

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...October 27, 2008

Outside my Window...crisp air and lots of oak leaves.

Towards a daily rhythm...I've decided to participate in this year's NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) yet again: one post per day during the month of November. I'll be inevitably out of town during part of it, but I enjoy the daily challenge.

I am thinking...Now that I've nailed down my thoughts and preferences on all the local races, I need to go vote. Because I can.

I am thankful for...my overall good health.

From the kitchen...Can you say muffins? Yes, you can! M-u-f-f-i-n-s! Yes! Okay, I'm off to make muffins.

I am wearing...comfy patagonia yoga pants and a stretchy aqua shirt. Brr, I need a sweatshirt, too.

I am reading...the first of several new library books.

Labor Day: Shared Experiences in the Delivery Room (Thirty-five personal accounts of courage, humor, sweat, and the ultimate of joy, unquote.) Edited by Ann-Marie Giglio.

Reading the Wind, a new sci-fi book by Brenda Cooper. I've barely started it, but it promises to be very, very good.

I am also reading in some of my old pregnancy books about what's going on and labor-strategies.

I am creating...another dance program. I pull out some ideas for individual dances, look at old programs (so as to copy or avoid duplicating), think about the skill level of the crowd, arrange in some kind of sequence allowing for breaks and the swell and ebb of energy, add and subtract to make a good flow for the evening, decide on alternates, evaluate again. Rehearse, get psyched!

I am hoping...That my parents and in-laws had many fun conversations and managed to avoid politics during their visit entirely.

I am hearing...the furnace blowing, and Milagro Saints on the CD player

I am going to breathe deeply...and try to maintain some patience for volunteers and poll workers who call. I am experiencing a little campaign fatigue and am getting tired of being asked every/every other day if I can be counted on to support my candidate, if I have voted yet, if I can volunteer again, if, if, if. I am all for the GOTV effort, but it's getting a little much.

Around the house...washing all the new-old baby clothes and piling them according to size. I love all the thrift-store finds! Before washing, the cats have to snuggle up to them in the basket so they are properly broken in.

Bring beauty to my home...images of light and neat details.

One of my favorite things...finding useful things in thrift stores. Seeing beautiful old things salvaged and put to use.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...A dance program, a costume, a lesson plan, a party, a lunch, baking, sewing, writing, another dance program, another appointment, another round of dishes/raking/cleaning.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Tiny Leafy Volunteer

---

No comments: