Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After, I can hardly think.

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...Wednesday, November 4th

Outside my Window...leaves littering the grass.

Towards a daily rhythm...sweeping the floor, sweeping the floor, clearing dust and piles of cat hair. Ah.

I am thinking...of what we might do about our kitchen renovation plans now that we can't afford our contractor.

I am thankful for...Wow, where to start? To see so many people come together to make a new story, a fresh direction, fresh hope. Also, I'm thankful for music, fellowship and the softening of hard feelings. We can renew relationships, Yes We Can.

From the kitchen...Cooked up a little garlic and spinach scrambled egg omelet with cheese shavings for myself and starving DH.

I am wearing...maternity jeans that are slowly popping a seam (nothing vital!), and a tan Tshirt. And funky earrings.

I am reading...In the Company of Others by Julie E. Czerneda, on loan from a friend. I think she'll successfully get us hooked in this new-to-us sci-fi author, because this story is goood!

I am creating...new meals for future times.

I am hoping...for more patience, and that the new administration has energy left over after crisises to do some good work. I am hoping I'll make it to an area home-studio tour next year because I'm missing it this year.

I am hearing...one of my cats whining at me, and a little Celtic waltz music.

I am going to breathe deeply...and refocus on my everyday life.

Around the house...One of the side-affects of a rainy Fall is that dried leaves get tracked into the house and end up in unexpected locations. They don't bother me too much - they are nearly impossible to keep up with - but the cats love to chew on them. Every couple of days, I make a sweep to retrieve the most egregious ones.

Bring beauty to my home...getting rid of extraneous stuff in the house that lets our really cherished things be more seen and appreciated.

One of my favorite things...clean fresh cotton bed sheets, especially new ones.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...lunch with one of my politico friends. I've scarcely seen her the last couple of months, so I look forward to hearing election stories. Also, I'm preparing to travel over to a calling gig this weekend, and finding materials from fast food restaurants to help my students learn how to order food. I have plans to make cozy meals this week. Cravings for certain reliable meals.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Reflecting Shards
---

No comments: