Thursday, May 14, 2009

8 Things: Self Care Essentials

It's Thursday and time for another 8 Things from Magpie Girl.

This week it's Self Care Essentials.
It’s time to think about what you need to stay healthy and sane on a day-to-day basis.

Here's my list:

1. Hydration. Water, juice or herbal tea. Water is my favorite.

2. Moving and using my body. Stretch! Yoga. Taking a walk or working in the yard.

3. Sleeeeep.

4. Grooming. Bath! Combing my hair, brushing and flossing my teeth, neatening cuticles and nails. At the end of day, massaging my feet.

5. Checking in with the natural world. Seeing the sky, noticing the weather and the way the light and air shifts with the seasons and time of day.

6. Reminders. My calendar. Lists to remind me of goals and projects and even more importantly, sub tasks of projects. Things to focus me and then to cross off when completed. I give myself a number of boxes for 15 minutes of work, and check them off when I've spend some amount of time on a task.

7. "Down time" inside my own head. Write a little, read a little, think a little.

8. "Up time" out of my head. Snuggles and conversation with my sweetie.

Oh, here's a bonus item: Neatening something in the house or space. Wash dishes, swipe the counter, clear the desk, sweep the floor. I'm so much saner with a little sweeping.
--

No comments: