Thursday, April 23, 2009

8 Things Thursday - Mondo Beyondo

I'm playing along with Magpie Girl today and whipping up a list of 8 Things. This week, it's our list of "big dreams" or "Mondo Beyondo." As she says:
It’s time once again for a Mondo Beyond list, that lovely list of big dreams named by the clear-thinking brilliance of Andrea Scher of Superhero Designs. I’ve been making these lists roughly once a year... What are your Mondo Beyond dreams? Breathe them into existence in the comments, or grab a button and play along.

Now, if you read my post on Bucket Lists and Everyday Goals, you'll remember that I don't get too enthused about these so-called Big Dreams. But let me take a shot at it anyway!

1. To raise my child to be an emotionally intelligent human being, reasonably happy and well-adjusted.

2. To be my best self in my marriage.

3. To get back to teaching and performing in my preferred subjects, and to take on even more challenging projects.

4. To maintain a good level of fitness so I can remain active the rest of my life.

5. To hike out West again.

6. To write and publish a book and/or column. Or an art and inspiration book or some amalgam of my expressive creativity.

7. To declutter my life and my house to not quite within an inch of their lives.

8. To live in a solar house with gardens - not too fancy, but small enough to be manageable.

Okay, so these are more lifetime goals than big dreams. Not bad, though. I'm inspired already! Thanks to Magpie Girl for nudging us.
--

No comments: