Sunday, April 19, 2009

SWDB First Postpartum

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I find that I miss this format for writing. These days, I don't quite get through an entire post, though. So this covers a few days!

For Today...April 14 - 19, 2009

Outside my Window...bright green haze against dark bark as the trees start to leaf out. Pollen raining down from the pin oak tree like a fine yellow drizzle.

Towards a daily rhythm...nursing, feeding, burping, changing, napping, snuggling...repeat

I am thinking...about different styles of leave-taking behavior.

I am thankful for...friends who will meet me for lunch so we can eat and talk and laugh and share. I am thankful for a baby who goes to sleep when she's ready to and for a husband who gets up in the middle of the night as necessary.

From the kitchen...ready-made falafel (chickpea and parsley balls), nutella on wheat bread, whole wheat capellini with cheese. Of course, there's always cheese!

I am wearing...white Tshirt with an art hurricane design from 12 years ago, grey pregnancy pants, socks, comfy yellow clogs. Half daytime wear and half nighttime wear! At other times: black fleece pants, leather house slippers.

I am reading... The #1 Ladies Detective Agency! by __. First book in the series. I want more! Also part of a sci fi trilogy by Julie Czerneda.

I am creating...a personal image out of colorful ovenbake clay. Image isn't the right word. It's like a personal icon or totem representing something important in one's life. This is currently an image that I created as part of a mandala design a few years ago representing selfless love. It's taken from elements of a character in a novel that impacted me. Now I'm experimenting with creating a version in 3-D, starting with preparing different components of the image. This is rather slow going as many other projects in my life are these days, but I keep at it. It'll be interesting, no doubt!

I am hoping...for a nap! More sleep! More time!

I am hearing...the baby fussing, breathing and sucking on her fist. The cats turning around or snoring. And now it's all quiet as we all go... to... sleep...

I am going to breathe deeply...and put the computer to sleep too!

Around the house...piles of used baby clothes being sorted into the laundry basket for washing and then into drawers and boxes for storage.

Bringing beauty to my home...noticing grace in small things.

One of my favorite things...soft soft baby hands with delicate fingers and a dimple on each knuckle.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...getting in more walking, making pizza for dinner.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


---

No comments: